In order to provide you with the full range of The Aviation Professionals Club services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What information The Aviation Professionals Club may collect about you;
- How The Aviation Professionals Club will use information we collect about you;
- When The Aviation Professionals Club may use your details to contact you;
- Whether The Aviation Professionals Club will disclose your details to anyone else;
- How the Aviaition Professionals Club protects your personal information.
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, The Aviation Professionals Club is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We have no control and are not responsible for the content of these sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
At The Aviation Professionals Club we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information needed to provide and improve the service.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the information we hold
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for
- Make sure that your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you
What information will The Aviation Professionals Club collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from The Aviation Professionals Club website, such as newsletters, competitions, etc. We may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable The Aviation Professionals Club and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
When will The Aviation Professionals Club contact me?
The Aviation Professionals Club may contact you by phone or email.
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that The Aviation Professionals Club can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- In relation to any contribution you have made to The Aviation Professionals Club web site;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about The Aviaition Professionals Club services (participation is always voluntary) For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
- Local pages will give you detailed information about how The Aviation Professionals Club will contact you in relation to specific services.
As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would like to keep you posted on anything that’s happening at The Aviation Professionals Club which we think you might like to know about. You can find out about how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your controls and choices:
Our aim is to give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure its accurate and reflects your preferences. You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to change the way that we contact you please see the information above.
In certain circumstances you can also object to our use of personal information for certain purposes, ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information, or ask us to correct, remove or delete personal information about you.
Will The Aviation Professionals Club share my personal information with anyone else?
How will The Aviation Professionals Club protect my personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures including encryption to protect your personal information and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information is processed and managed.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
How long will The Aviation Professionals Club keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with The Aviation Professionals Club corporate retention schedule (this is a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long).
Where you contribute to The Aviation Professionals Club web site The Aviation Professionals Club will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
How does The Aviation Professional Club store and handle my personal information?
We and those third parties that we share your personal information with, host, store and otherwise handle that information within the European Economic Area. The server is located in Frankfurt, with a back up at at a different physical location in Frankfurt and Amsterdam.
Cookies Policy - Information The Aviation Professionals Club collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of The Aviation Professionals Club web site features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.